Forthcoming Books

... musings and comments, probably to be read only by my brother and two other people.

May 24, 2007

'New Math'





Of all the things I never noticed about Roadhouse, which has to fall into the top five 'films to stop and watch when you have other things to do,' one fact blew me away. Dalton is reading Jim Harrison's Legends of the Fall before he is called away to the window by the noise of a party across the river. Whoa! How did that book make it into those hands?! Anyway, just thought this was worth mentioning, as Harrison's most recent novel, Returning to Earth, will come in paperback in the fall. You, whomever you are, owe it to yourself to pick this one up in hardcover while you can. It's worth it, trust me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Colin, remember Harris? Her brother's friend wrote Roadhouse.

To wit: "Pain don't hurt."

I note you've downgraded your tif with DM of DMB.

I Loan Books said...

Yeah, well, after some discussion about that it was determined that shoving doesn't constitute fight. And really, considering the liquid catalyst, it was probably less shoving and more 'failure to not stand.' Thus, the downgrade. I still think he has too many musicians on the stage at one time...