Forthcoming Books

... musings and comments, probably to be read only by my brother and two other people.

May 11, 2007

Just started...


Crashing Through by Robert Kurson. I listened to the audio of Shadow Divers, and enjoyed it waaaay more than I should have, considering it concerns a missing WWII submarine. I wasn't sure the subject matter here, about a blind man suddenly given the chance to see, was going to do it either (for some reason, I just kept thinking it sounded too much like a really lame movie starring either Val Kilmer..., or Richard Gere (no link to put here, but surely he made one of these, no?!)) but Kurson can make anything read like a suspense novel.

Dark River by John Twelve Hawks. The first book, The Traveler was good enough that I'll read the sequel. Where this story goes will heavily influence whether I REALLY liked the first one. I CAN say, with conviction, that the nom-de-plume and the idea that the author lives off the grid for very real and dangerous reasons is a silly marketing tool.

etc.

My friend Steve sent me this link yesterday. I laughed hard. (Warning... possibly offensive material on the left hand side of the linked page)

A Miracle of Catfish is every bit as good as everything I've heard.

My brother writes songs, and this one has been stuck in my head now for going on 3 months straight. I'm justifying putting it on my book blog because the title matches the name of the greatest YA fantasy trilogy of all time. So there.

No comments: