Forthcoming Books

... musings and comments, probably to be read only by my brother and two other people.

March 27, 2007

A Musical Interlude


Right, so I'm touring a day care facility a week or so ago, and I'm a bit bored because the woman conducting the tour made what should have been a 10 minute visit last about 45 minutes. As is my habit, I spent most of the time looking at the books in each classroom out of the corner of my eye. And there, in the pre-K classroom, was Inch By Inch: The Garden Song, a picture book based on a song by Dave Mallett. Perhaps one of the only songs ever to be covered by John Denver, John Lithgow, and the Muppets. I was immediately sold on the center, and reminded of this fantastic performance available on the Kennedy Center website. Ain't serendipity grand?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the Dave!
With you on hating the potentially 10-minute but in reality endless tour.
In order to really get the trifecta, we gotta find a song covered by Lithgow, Shatner, and Nimoy. Who was 76 yesterday!
I'm so topical.
Tell me about the Rankin book, por favor ...

Anonymous said...

Nice, a whole hour! I'll trade you for this youtube link. Kottke playing "Rings."
If you've ever seen him, you know that his little stories while he's tuning and noodling are (almost) as good as his playing. Check out:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=c9YEmbEVZJQ

I guess since I brought up Nimoy, that didn't count as serendipitous. Which is a good word ...