Forthcoming Books

... musings and comments, probably to be read only by my brother and two other people.

October 3, 2007

Gettin'Ready to Move, Still Reading

Three books read this week:
1. Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein. I love Garth's writing, and the canine protagonist, Enzo, is a pure character.

2. Into the Wild by John Krakaur. Re-read so that when I see the movie, I'll remember that I think Chris was a nut job, not the hero that the film will undoubtedly present.

3. Dirty Work by Larry Brown. Devastatingly honest anti-war novel with shades of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.

Gonna read the new Molly Gloss, the new Kitteridge, and The Somnambulist by Jonathan Barnes over the next few days.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's a "pure" character?

I Loan Books said...

Not pure as in driven snow or vestial virgin, but rather perfectly written, especially given the anthropomorphism... I suspect you'll like this book, but I don't know if your tear ducts can handle it, given some resemblances to Harley-dog.

autumnbottom said...

I don't suppose you're planning on coming up to Seattle for the Huskies/Ducks game, are you?

Oh yeah, HI!

I Loan Books said...

Wish I could! That stadium looks like a lot of fun... Not sure when my next trip up north'll be. Hopefully sometime a'fore the end of the year, but who knows.

Anonymous said...

To file under 2 mentions of a new favorite, your posting is the second recommendation for Art of Racing in the Rain I have gotten today! All best of luck in the new job...