Forthcoming Books

... musings and comments, probably to be read only by my brother and two other people.

October 20, 2007

Cool Docu

I caught this on cable the other night. It's a cool remembrance of a period of music that, sadly, flamed out just about the time I was starting to discover what was out there. This poor timing is likely directly responsible for the fact that, for a few brief days, I thought Matthew Wilder was the bomb -- an embarassment of which my brother takes great delight in.

Speaking of my brother, if you see this guy around on Tuesday, wish him a happy Birthday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, everybody, sing it with me!

"No-body's gonna break my stride, no-body's gonna slow, me, down ...
Oh NO! I've got to keep on Groovin' ..."

He went on to become a respected producer. Sort of like that yodeling chick from "What's going on?" who ended up producing Avril Lavigne, or maybe Pink. Who, I gotta say, I'm ashamed to admit that I like. I play "Who knew", but of course I play it delta lap-slide to disguise it.

Anonymous said...

Black Flag, and the Circle Jerks, helped knock me out of my horrible, horrible, high-school listening habits, to wit: Van Halen. Other, lesser, hair metal. And occasionally George Thoroughgood and the Deleware Destoyers.

The Horror. The horror.