Forthcoming Books

... musings and comments, probably to be read only by my brother and two other people.

July 9, 2007

I Need a Kill Switch

When I moved out to Eugene from Virginia 6 years ago, I rented a big yellow truck that had a curious feature on it. Any attempt to travel faster than 65 miles an hour triggered a decelerator, a frustration in states like Wyoming where there isn't even anything to run into (in fact, in places where they were working on the highway, they just diverted traffic off the road into the farmland, as it was just as flat and hard as the asphalt...).

I've decided I need a similar internal switch to keep me from starting too many books at once. In the last 48 hours I started What is the What by Dave 'everything I write is gold' Eggers, Interred with Their Bones by Jennifer Lee Carrell, Tree of Smoke by Denis Johnson, Origin by Diana Abu-Jaber, and Ovenman by Jeff Parker. This, of course, is on top of the two or three other books I'm already working on. I am an IDIOT .

ps. I just noticed that my Blog archive lists the months in a language I can't even identify. No idea how this happened, but I am pleased at the result!

No comments: