Forthcoming Books

... musings and comments, probably to be read only by my brother and two other people.

May 5, 2008

Old or Grown-up?

Either way, two things happened yesterday that made me think it's one or the other. First, I was approached by two mormons while doing some yardwork. Not only was I polite to them, but I didn't go with my usual response, which is to tell them I'd be happy to chat with them if they would come in and have a beer with me. Maybe I can chalk this up to the fact that I work in a public library now... you know, I had on my reference desk face.

Second, and perhaps more distressingly, while driving Keegan and Griffin back from watching the Eugene Marathon go by at the park, I failed to turn off the radio or change the channel when Hootie's Only Wanna Be With You came on. I wasn't singing along or anything, but for the first time since 1994 or so that it didn't trip my gag-reflex. Yikes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hootie. Hootie? HOOTIE??

Baaaaaarrrrrrrrffff.

Nope, 14 years and gag reflex is ON.